Area Agency on Aging, Region 9 is partnering with the YMCA – St. John Arena in Steubenville to offer free community education to help persons manage their chronic conditions and hopefully reduce hospital readmissions.
Healthy U is a small group workshop that meets 2-1/2 hours once a week for 6 weeks. Healthy U may be helpful for you if you (or your family members) have long-term health challenges such as asthma, arthritis, heart disease, diabetes and other life-long conditions. Participants will gain confidence and new skills to better manage their chronic conditions and feel healthier.
Healthy U participants will:
* find practical ways to deal with pain, fatigue and depression
* discover ways to be more physically active
* find out how to eat healthier
* learn better ways to talk with their doctor and family about their health
* set personal goals
* find ways to relax and deal with stress
These free six-week workshops will be held at: YMCA Wellness Center, St. John Arena, 3151 Johnson Road, Steubenville every Thursday September 22 through October 27 from 12:00 to 2:30 p.m. Registration is required by September 20; please call the YMCA at 264-7183 to register.